Good afternoon! How are you? I AM FREAKING AWESOME.
This morning I woke up to discover that my cat had peed on my throw pillows and I don’t even care. Normally, I’d be like, “OMG, Wesley! Why do you hate me so much? I know you have a UTI, but do you really need to pee on everything I love? Weren’t my favorite boots enough?” Today, I grinned at him while I cleaned up the mess. Nothing can get me down. I am obsessed with the solar eclipse.
I’ve been singing this song for weeks, and it’s driving my husband insane. Basically, it’s like Pee-Wee’s Playhouse around here, and eclipse is always the word of the day. If someone says it, me and Megan-Anne start to sing Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler. I’ve also been embarrassing my husband by telling people that my plans for the eclipse involve me turning into a weretiger, but that’s neither here nor there.
To celebrate the first total solar eclipse in the continental US in 38 years, we’re launching the hunt for Sasquatch and an eclipse worthy sale! It feels only right to share the details of our upcoming mystery knit along involving everyone’s favorite cryptid from Pacific Northwest folklore today. Scientists might discount the existence of Sasquatch, but we won’t be put off by the lack of physical evidence! This is a colorwork sock project that will be delivered in three parts:
September 13th – Part/Clue 1
September 20th – Part/Clue 2
September 27th – Part/Clue 3
You can prepare for the knit and seek knit along in seven easy steps:
- Purchase the Hunting Sasquatch kit. (It’s on sale today only!)
- Lurk on the Lattes & Llamas Ravelry forum.
- (Optional) Join the L&L Book Club and purchase your copy of the audiobook, Working for Bigfoot by Jim Butcher. The book is written in three parts and we recommend reading one part with each clue.
- Prepare your yarn! Ball and label your minis so they are ready to cast on September 13th.
- Come back to the L&L blog September 6th to get your swatch information to complete a colorwork gauge swatch, so you’re ready to cast on. We recommend using size US 0 circular knitting needles, but you might require a different size to meet your gauge.
- These socks are ideal for intermediate to advanced knitters to work two at a time. Instructions and tips for working two at a time socks will be included on the L&L blog. However, participants can work them individually. Come back to the blog August 30th for an introduction on two-at-a-time socks.
- Create your Raverly project page, using the badge below as your cover photo until the first clue is released!
To be clear, you do NOT need to purchase the Hunting Sasquatch kit in order to participate in the mystery knit along. The pattern will be available to purchase on Ravely just like we did with the Shining Sequence Mittens. But, come on. I mean, just look at those stitch markers and that drawstring project bag. They’re freaking perfect for this.
Megan-Anne will have spoilers and tutorials for you leading up to the release of the first clue on September 13th. But with Christmas knitting around the corner, we thought it would be nice to put some other yarns on sale as well. Whether it’s something special for just you right now or maybe for a gift you’re planning to make this fall, you can get Escape, Masquerade, Coffee Break Yarn Sets, and Drown Your Troubles Travel Mugs on sale TODAY ONLY.
And now, I’m off to prepare to morph into a weretiger!
I’ve joked about looking at the sun directly, but I’m starting to worry that I won’t be able to suppress the impulse. Send help.