About the Knit Along
Are you ready to go ‘squatching? Hunting Sasquatch is a knit and seek mystery knit along created and hosted by Lattes & Llamas. This is a colorwork sock project, which was delivered in three parts:
September 13th – Part/Clue 1 – Released! –View Blog Post
September 20th – Part/Clue 2 – Released! – View Blog Post
September 27th – Part/Clue 3 – Released! – View Blog Post
October 4th – Full Pattern Containing Sample Photos – Released! – View
Important Pattern Information
The full pattern will be emailed to you unless you provide a Ravelry user name in the “Order Notes,” which will be located in the billing/shipping address section at check out. If you provide a Ravelry user name, the pattern will be added to your Ravelry library.
About the Kit
This kit comes with everything you’ll need in order to knit the Hunting Sasquatch socks, excluding the knitting needles:
~ Seven mini-skeins of Vacation Yarn. The colors included are (from left to right): Moriarty, Elementary My Dear, Emerald City, Martian Manhunter, Aqualad, and Atlantis.
~ Two themed locking stitch markers
~ One super sweet project bag
~ A PDF of the pattern (see pattern information above)
Prepare for the Hunt
- Purchase the Hunting Sasquatch kit
- Lurk on the Lattes & Llamas Ravelry forum
- (Optional) Join the L&L Book Club and purchase your copy of the audiobook, Working for Bigfoot by Jim Butcher. The book is written in three parts and we recommend reading one part with each clue.
- Prepare your yarn! Ball and label your minis so they are ready to cast on September 13th. View the inaugural post here.
- Come back to the L&L blog September 6th to get your swatch information to complete a colorwork gauge swatch, so you’re ready to cast on. We recommend using size US 0 circular knitting needles, but you might require a different size to meet your gauge.
- These socks are ideal for intermediate to advanced knitters to work two at a time. Instructions and tips for working two at a time socks will be included on the L&L blog here. However, participants can work them individually. Come back to the blog August 30th for an introduction to two-at-a-time socks.
About the Yarn
While we try to keep the kits in stock and ready to ship, this luxurious yarn may be dyed to order. Depending on our current volume, it may take 3-10 business days to create your hand-dyed lovelies. Please note that sometimes colors and textures look different on your computer screen than they do in person. If we had the power to fix this, we’d probably be billionaires. And we’d totally still make yarn.
Content: 75% Superwash Merino/ 25% Nylon
Care: Machine Wash Gentle Cold, Dry Flat
Approximately 20 grams/ 92 yards per mini skein
140 grams/ 644 yards total
Gauge: 7-8 sts = 1″ on US 0-2
Knitting Weight: Sock